Sunday, September 20, 2009

First Day of School







Well it is hard to believe that my two children are growing up and going to school. It is so hard for me to watch them accept their indepence. They love picking out their outfits for the week, helping with their book bags and making lunches. Peyton is in kindergarten and for the first time in 3 years I can't just peek in on her. Dave drops her off at a local church and the bus picks her up there. She has about a 5 minute ride to the school. Her teacher is Mrs. Webb. She is a very nice woman and expects a lot, but for Peyton that is a good thing. Peyton sits at a table with two other children. Her class size is only 15 students. Last week we had back-to-school night and we were able to hear about all the things she will be doing. It sounds more like first grade then what I remember about kindergarten. She has 3 little books she is to be reading with us each week as well as a Family Times booklet-which is the only homework-but there is an activity in there that is to be done each night. She is excited to go to school each day and comes home with a smile and it is so precious to watch.



Carson is going to pre-school 3 days a week and attends a home care the other two. He has been encouraged by his big sister and has transitioned well in his new school. His pre-school is in my school so I now get to peek in on him. We have great car rides together and he talks about his new friends and crafts that he gets to do. They have school from 7:30-1:30. Then nap/quiet time. He is learning the basic letters of the alphabet, coloring, days of the week, weather, etc.. Carson loves showing me his crafts each night and it is neat to watch him and his sister compare their school work. I wonder sometimes how long this will last.




As I reflect on each of them and their accomplishments I take a moment to thank God for them. He brought them into the world so small and is showing me each day just how big they are.




No comments:

Post a Comment