Tuesday, June 30, 2009

One Step at A Time





Today I was able to go for a nice 5 mile run. I take it one step at a time know that each step is closer to the goal of 13 miles. I believe I can achieve it. This past weekend I ran 8 with my sister and I couldn't of done it without her. I am so glad that I am training and running the PDR with her. I think about the times we get to share together and during that run wouldn't of wanted to be with anyone else. It is a moment in our life that we are sharing together. We share our stories with our kids and we share the stories of our families and friends, but this story of our journey to complete a half-marathon is a story we share and experience together. I am so excited that I am going to do this with her and to have her next to me when we cross that finish line.


So as I go through the rest of this week and go for my runs I need to remember that during the run the pain is temporary because in a moment this part of my life will be gone and I don't want to blink, and I want to remember each step, breath and second that I have to experience all the life that God has given me.




No comments:

Post a Comment