Saturday, June 13, 2009




Let me start this off with Luke 1:37-For nothing is impossible with God. It is my mantra for this next adventure in my life.

My sister and I decided to run the Philadelphia Distance Run. A 13.1(Half Marathon) through the wonderful city of Philadelphia. Philadelphia’s historic half marathon will pass by the city’s historic landmarks, starting and finishing at the Art Museum. Along the course, live music will be set up at every mile, making for an entertaining day in the City of Brotherly Love. It is a goal of hers and I am up for the challenge as well. I have ran the Philadelphia Broad Street a few times and in my years before kids and a career I did the distance run. A friend of mine and I trained all summer. We were in the best shape of our lives and completed the run in under 2 hours. Now it is a different story and that is to finish. I feel that my competitive determination and strength in mind for the Lord my God is with me every step of the way. I have been working on training by myself and that is a little hard, so I put on my ipod and go with a lot of prayer. I have been working on getting in no less than 3 miles every other day. I am following a training guide. I no the longer runs are going to be the more challenging ones. So far I have completed 4.5-5 on my own, but it just seems like those extra 7,8,9,10, 11, 12, 13 would be better with someone next to me. I will be meeting up with my sister for a few of those and I have to remember to keep my mind strong and that will help me get through it. Stay positive and focused. SO I ask for prayer in this area as I train to get strong and achieve this goal with my sister, to be there with her as she crosses the finish line on a goal I would never imagined her completing. I am so proud of her and her determination to do this and am blessed to be able to do it with her.



















No comments:

Post a Comment