Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Runner's Block

Well just to give an update on my running or lack of running for that matter. I was up to 7 miles doing good and finally got back into great shape after taking time to off during the winter coaching season. I tried to get into Broad Street and then was denied because 30,000 other people wanted to run that day as well. Not so bad. I got diagnosed with skin cancer and had a spot removed on my foot-thank goodness it was negative, but having it removed hurt like crazy and it took about two weeks to heal-so in the mean time no running. Then I slowly geared myself back into some running and enough to participate in the Breast Cancer race for the cure, but then another obstacle. I was clipping coupons trying to save money and well being on the couch for about 45 minutes or so my foot fell asleep and when I got up to walk on it there was no support so I rolled on it fell to the ground and ended up in the ER. Luckily it is not broken, but it is a very bad sprain. I have been on crutches since Friday and had to stay home from work. I don't think that I was meant to run anytime soon. I am hoping that in the next few weeks I will be able to strengthen it and recover. GOD is teaching me to be patient and to wait. I need to slow down and appreciate all the great things around me. I know my time will come to run again. I am signed up for the Philadelphia Distance Run in September. I will run 13.1 miles and I will do it under 2 hours. I will come back from this stronger than ever and I will do it from GOD's strength.

I am Thanking you Right NOW
author unknown
Dear GOD: I want to thank You for what you have already done. I am not going to wait until I see results or receive rewards;I am thanking you right now. I am not going to wait until I feel better or things look better; I am thanking you right now.I am not going to wait until people say they are sorry or until they stop talking about me; I am thanking you right now.I am not going to wait until the pain in my body disappears ; I am thanking you right now.I am not going to wait until my financial situation improves; I am going to thank you right now.I am not going to wait until the children are asleep and the house is quiet; I am going to thank you right now.I am not going to wait until I get promoted at work or until I get the job; I am going to thank you right now.I am not going to wait until I understand every experience in my life that has caused me pain or grief; I am thanking you right now.I am not going to wait until the journey gets easier or the challenges are removed; I am thanking you right now.I am thanking you because I am alive. I am thanking you because I made it through the day's difficulties. I am thanking you because I have walked around the obstacles. I am thanking you because I have the ability and the opportunity to do more and do better.
I'm thanking you because FATHER, YOU haven't given up on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment